- About Us
Alan "The Nice One” Jones is one of the key figures in the Australian startup ecosystem. He has advised founders in startup accelerators BlueChilli, Startmate, Catalysr, Muru-D and Collider, as well as advising clients of KPMG’s High Growth Ventures team as an Entrepreneur in Residence as well as many regional areas on strategies how to grow their startup community. In our fireside chat we will be discussing:
How to reduce the risk of failing in the very early days of your startup?
• What’s it like being an investor? How hard is it to tell which startups are worth investing in? What’s it like raising a venture capital fund?
• How do you pitch to a VC (Venture Capitalist) and when will you be ready to pitch?
• Should we be worried about the #aabill and tightening of #R&D tax concessions?
• What’s going to happen with government support for the startup industry after the #state and #Federal elections?
• If the #Coffs region wanted to grow its startup community, what steps does it need to take?
All VIP tickets holders will get the chance to ask Alan questions and get some time with him the next day to pitch their startup or business idea and secure potential funding.
Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR), investor, tech entrepreneur and mentor, Alan has advised hundreds of Australian startups and invested in many of the best.Read More
Originally a content operations producer for Microsoft’s Sidewalk city guide startup, Alan was Yahoo!’s first technical hire in Australia and went on to become Product Director, South Asia for Yahoo! Inc. He then was a co-founder and head of content and product development for home entertainment tech startup HomeScreen Entertainment, backed by the Packer family’s CPH, acquired by Quickflix.
Alan was a founding investor in Pollenizer, Startmate and Blackbird Ventures. His startup services agency The New Agency built AAP MediaNet, Autogenie and EmploymentHero before being acquired by BlueChilli in 2012.
Alan’s previous investments include Bugcrowd, Buzzy, Biteable, Cardly, Chromasun, Elevio, GeoSnap, HappyCo, HowAboutEat, Macropod, Muru Music, Propeller Aero, Shoeboxed, TopMe, Tzukuri, Tyde, Workyard, UpGuard and Upperstory.
Alan has advised founders in startup accelerators BlueChilli, Startmate, Catalysr, Muru-D and Collider, as well as advising clients of KPMG’s High Growth Ventures team as an Entrepreneur in Residence.