Mental health and wellness are so important that we are hosting Mental Health and Wellness month all through March. In partnership with our Baltimore and Frederick chapters, plus many Startup Grind chapters around the world, we'll bring awareness to the issues and help de-stigmatize mental health in an effort to improve our fellow entrepreneurs, founders, co-founders, and team members.
As part of this series, we're pleased to host Susie Morozowich, LMSW, LCSW, CEO, and founder of Telebehavioral Health US, a leading provider of telebehavioral health services with a professional staff of more than 25 licensed clinicians and social workers.
Within her event, she will share her story, journey and lessons learned going from facing her own behavioral health challenges to bootstrapping her startup, Telebehavioral Health US., and how she deals with them as a founder, CEO and leader in behavioral health innovation while helping others understand their own.
As Susie will share, it's time to confront and address our individual and collective mental health. Did you know that 72% of we entrepreneurs suffer from one or more mental health issues and are 50% more likely to report having mental health issues compared to the general population?
Starting a business comes with many unique challenges. With 90% of start-ups failing within the first year, the pressure is on for entrepreneurs to produce results in the face of almost imminent failure.
National mental health statistics are troubling. 2020/2021 have only made them worse. Statistics for entrepreneurs, founders, co-founders, and management teams of startups, early-stage, and high growth companies are downright terrifying
- 3X more likely to suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, and fear
- 6X more likely to suffer from ADHD
- 3X more likely to suffer from substance abuse
- 10X more likely to suffer from bipolar disorder
- 2X more likely to have psychiatric hospitalization
- 2X more likely to have suicidal thoughts
Now more than ever, we need to provide ourselves, our company's, our co-workers, and our communities with the help and assistance that will help identify the issues, demystify the stigmas, and provide tools, techniques, and access to resources we need to more effectively deal with our mental health and well-being.
So, what's in it for you?
- Recognition that you are not crazy and similar to other entrepreneurs.
- We all suffer from negative mental health issues.
- Learn multiple ways that you can better manage and control your mental health and that of your team.
- Tools, techniques, and exercises that you can implement immediately.
- Learn how to be happier and more productive.