A fireside chat about the entrepreneurial experience Dimi Tomov gathered during his startup journey. Interview by Georgi Tonchev about:
• What were the three biggest challenges?
• How did you overcome them?
• What was the (final) outcome?
• What were the lessons learned?
• Future endeavours and what’s next?
• What would you do differently this time?
• Why being a startup founder and creating business from the ground up is a great experience?
• Why is better to focus on building an end product instead of offering a service that builds someone else’s product?
Dimitar Tomov is an engineer, entrepreneur, activist for economic freedom and a cake lover. He believes private initiative, both individual and business, is the key to solving real problems - “People can do so much more, they just have to make a try and see!”
Dimitar Tomov’s focus is on creating new products, from an IoT tracker for the mountains of Australia to Wireless Hearing Aid Programmer. Its main engineering work is system design - from hardware to software, so-called Research & Development. He has over 14 years of experience in the field of Embedded systems, some of them in Germany, Austria and Sweden.
While working as a freelancer for world leading companies, he realised that having a company is not a scary thing, but simply an administrative task. So, he started planning how to turn his one-man company into a business with own products, and he created his first company - DesignFirst. It was a bold and challenging shift, from making the design of IoT products to creating and selling own products. From being a highly skilled expert to leading a company with vision that attracts others.
Future Factory Global
Chapter DirectorView Profile