Events Marketing Intern
Startup Grind is looking to onboard a talented individual who is a hard worker, quick learner. You will work most immediately on Startup Grind’s upcoming 7,000-person Global Conference - taking place in February in Redwood City. The role will encompass administrative needs as well as important projects, where you will learn a lot and take on a lot of responsibility. You will be part of the [small] Events + Marketing team, reporting to the VP of Marketing and Partnerships. In this role, you will play a big part in bringing together thousands of founders that will go on to build some of the best businesses in the world.
More about the role:
- You'll learn and get hands-on experience in marketing and event production in an early stage startup. You'll be helping most closely with:
- Event-related logistics from planning process to execution on-site
- Help with coordinating and organizing speakers, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, students, directors...
- Ongoing maintenance of social media channels
- User engagement and feedback collection
- Marketing strategy and milestones execution
- Developing relationships with national media partners
- Be willing to take on any task that is assigned to you. We are a startup remember? Everyone needs to pitch in and help out when needed
- Student or recent graduate
- Active and familiar with the various social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Highly organized, with acute attention to detail
- Very fast learner and ability to multitask
- Think on your feet, effective in high-stress situations (ie. events!)
- You are based in San Francisco, California or can be there 2-3 days per week to work with the team in office
- You are able to intern at minimum 20 hours per week
*Only candidates that meet all the above requirements will be considered for this internship
*Internship will begin no later than December 1, 2017 and shall run through May 2017*
*Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org via your school email address.