Internship in Business Development - Startups
What is the role? Startup Grind is looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Intern to work closely with the Director of Partnerships - Startups. This role will be focused on supporting the growth of our Startup Exhibitions and Global Startup Program, working with startups from across the world.
Where will the role be based?: London
What is the length of the internship? Starting ASAP, it will run for 3 months. There will be the opportunity of a full-time role at the end of the internship based on performance.
What could this person look like?
We know that many different types of people could succeed in this role, but if you can relate to the majority of the below characteristics / skills, then we would love to speak with you:
- You are either going into your final year or have recently completed a degree at a top University
- You’re interested in business and more specifically, the startup world
- You like talking to people
- You’re open-minded and eager to learn
- You like taking initiative
- You’re highly organized
- You’re adaptable
What will you be doing?
- This role will be quite dynamic, but the role will likely start out in a market analysis capacity and grow over time into a more customer-facing (startups) role
- We are eager for this person to use initiative and research skills to find and contact companies that fall within a specific set of criteria
- You will be responsible for speaking to and working with these startups, focusing on generating new business to fuel the growth of our Startup Exhibitions, and ultimately, the Global Startup Program
- It may also involve:
- Critically analysing and improving internal processes relating to the Startup Exhibitions and Global Startup Program
- Organizing event marketing materials and logistics for startups and partners at on-site events, conferences
- Tracking deliverables and metrics throughout any sales/marketing campaigns
- And more...
How will you be compensated? You will receive a competitive monthly salary (based on experience level)
Where could this role take you?
- There is a huge opportunity for growth in this role. You’ll be joining a small startup with a huge future. So far, our team has created a company that runs the largest independent community of entrepreneurs in the world and we are not stopping there. We have big ambitions for the next stage of our growth!
- You’ll be guided and mentored throughout your journey with us. If you commit, you’ll learn a huge amount throughout your 3 month term
- There will be the opportunity of an exciting full-time role at the end of the internship based on performance
If you think you fit the role, please submit your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line ‘Your Name - Intern Application’