Marketing & Events Coordinator (Remote)
Startup Grind is the world’s largest community of startups, founders, innovators, and creators.
We're looking for a Marketing and Events Coordinator who is passionate about emerging technology and community-building to join our fully remote team. We want you to come in and challenge the status quo, finding new ways to tap into our 600+ chapters worldwide, helping us reach more entrepreneurs than ever before. You’ll work directly with our Events Manager and Sr. Marketing Manager on the promotion and execution of Startup Grind’s in-person conferences and digital events.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist in managing the execution of marketing campaigns from concept to delivery
- Own and manage the social media calendar through from scheduling to optimizing to publishing
- Identify themes and relevant subject matter as it relates to startups and entrepreneurship to help develop a content strategy for each event, stage, speaking session, etc.
- Assist with email marketing campaigns, influencer marketing initiatives and partnership deliverables as needed
- Staying up-to-date on current marketing trends and social media platform optimization tactics
- Compile and organize all data and analytics related to marketing campaigns & initiatives
- Support partnerships / programming leads on finding speakers for the events
- Manage confirmed speakers - collect and organize all marketing materials; work with speakers and their PR teams to determine topic, title, date/time, prep-calls, media needs, moderators, speaker welcome packets, on-site logistics, etc.
- Write and/or edit newsletters, conference-related articles, ads, marketing materials, speaker packets, speaker + press speaking invitations, press releases.
- Support vendor management - research and confirm all vendors - organize details from initial conversation to on-site presence (food + bev, in-kind, signage, furniture rentals, misc) and manage them / be the POC on-site
- Support volunteer management - receive all volunteer applications and accept based on criteria. Run orientation, manage tasks, and manage / be the POC on-site
- 2+ years experience in digital marketing with a focus on social media
- Must be highly organized and have an acute attention to detail
- Must be a multi-tasker and be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be willing to work on PST hours (or as many hours as possible on PST to work with SF-based event/marketing teams) and have experience / be able to work well in a remote position
- Must be able to travel toSan Francisco/Bay Area in February
- To apply, please complete the following form: https://airtable.com/shrWVIAXuAu144FwD