As a young business person just starting out or whether you have been in business for a while, one very important part of your business success is your bookkeeping, financial records.
Reasons why effective book-keeping and financial records are important
- These aspects are important for obvious reasons.
- Whether it is what helps you track whether you are making profits or loss
- It helps you manage your money, knowing exactly what constitutes your major expenses
- It helps you prevent fraud and people (staff, customers) taking advantage of your operational loopholes
- It helps you comply with government regulations on taxes
- Avoid getting the hammer of the law from FIRS, CAC, and State tax offices
- It helps you process your annual tax clearance effortlessly
- If you want to obtain juicy contracts and business deals, you need audited account statements.
- With the many grant opportunities around, it has become important if you ever want to access loans or grants.
Most enterprising Nigerians are law-abiding but the problem with book-keeping and standard financial reporting are that it is technical, rigorous and usually requires having an in-house accountant who will handle every aspect of it.
But then, for most start-ups, having an in-house accountant is relatively expensive and they cannot afford the cost. The few businesses that offer accounting services claim to be MSME friendly, but in reality, they are not with some asking you to pay between N10,000 – 30,000 monthly.
StartUpGrind is looking at helping its members and businesses in Abeokuta crack this Bookkeeping code and this is why we are giving you an opportunity to meet with and engage with one of the well-experienced Accountants in the city of Abeokuta who truly understands the challenges of MSMEs like yours.
Be our guest at the Fireside Chat with Mr. Sunday Oso, CEO of Yemsam Global Enterprises, A seasoned Accountant & Certified Accounting Software Consultant with over 5 Years of Accounting experience.
We are also discussing with him to create truly affordable Accounting and Book-keeping services for all our members that will take all of your accounting worries away. Fill the survey here: http://bit.ly/SGAbkProfile http://bit.ly/SGAbkProfile
So, register for this event quickly using the RSVP Button on this page and mark your calendars
2019 is wrapping up and there is no better time than now to put your business bookkeeping and accounting in order so you start 2020 on a fresh note