Join us to get advice and learn creative ways to get funding for your business. Aaron Hsu, founder of ClearMask will be our fireside chat guest. Aaron has had great success in raising capital for his startup. Our discussion will center around the preparation and strategy to increase your chances of securing funding, getting grants and winning pitch competitions. We'll also select 5 startups to share their pitches with Aaron so he can give you his expert feedback.
To date he has gotten funding through:
- Salisbury Hatchery Pitch Competition, 2018 - $30,000 First Place Award (Grant)
- OpenWorks EnterPRIZE Cohort, 2018 - $5,000 Second Place Award (Grant)
- Accelerate Baltimore Cohort, 2018 - $25,000
- TEDCO's mdPACE Program, 2018 - FDA Approval
- Village Capital/Gallaudet University Accelerator, 2018 - $15,000 First Place Award (Grant)
- National Science Foundation Innovation Corps Cohort - $25,000 (Grant)
- Project Entrepreneur, Class of 2018 (Sponsored by Rent the Runway and UBS)
- Johns Hopkins Social Innovation Lab, 2017-2018 - $25,000 Peer Selected Award (Grant)
- Johns Hopkins Idea Lab Winner, 2017 - $5,000
Come out, meet other entrepreneurs, reconnect with familiar faces and increase your chances of getting funded.