At 54, Sue Nelson set up Breakthrough Incentives, an independent tax consultancy focusing on R&D, and took it from zero to a £2.5m profitable turnover company in just 5 years when she then sold it to the multinational professional services company EY.
The company has processed over 1,000 R&D tax claims, generating more than £60million for small tech businesses across the UK –an average of nearly £50,000 in cash or tax relief per claim. In the process, this led to the creation of around 150 new jobs.
Join us to hear about:
- Founding a company in your 50s
- Sue's journey through 3 different careers
- The transition of going from employee to employer
- How to differentiate your business to make it stand out
- Growing a company for sale - ...and much much more 🔥
This month our fireside chat is part of the Spring Forward Festival.