We are honoured to feature former Dragon's Den star and digital pioneer Bruce Croxon!
Bruce will talk about some of his lessons learned and career highlights including:
-Co-founding Lavalife in 1988, growing it to 2,000,000 users and then selling it for a stunning $180,000,000!
-Running Round13, a company dedicated to investing in growth-stage digital companies.
-Co-hosting BNN Bloomberg's 'The Disruptors.'
-Investment in the health and wellness sector.
Global Pitch Competition
The evening will kick off with a Global Pitch Competition where local startups will have a chance at winning a heavily subsidized exhibition space at Startup Grind's Global Conference in Silicon Valley in February 2020!
- Love Legal: Love Legal offers an online portal which allows lawyers, financial advisers, and paralegals to gather their client's estate planning wishes from any mobile device, drafts a customised document automatically, and stores the document in a client account so that both the lawyer and client can access and edit the documents in the future.
- CrossingsCloud: We've built a SaaS platform that streamlines a manual process for requesting and approving surface land crossing and ground disturbance applications. Our platform reduces the time to obtain a crossing agreement from 4-6 weeks to 8 minutes. It also enables our clients to reduce staff overhead by 66-75% on average.
- Carbon Upcycling Technologies: CUT sells advanced solid products derived from greenhouse emissions and cheaply available solids. Since 2014, CUT has scaled its ability to capture Co2 emissions from point sources, such as power plants, by over a million times and has technically validated the performance of its end products in over 10 different industrial markets. Through its portfolio of CO2-derived solid nanoparticles, CUT has technically validated its solutions for use in the plastics, coatings, epoxy, adhesives, concrete, lithium-ion battery, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Rob Purdy - Founder and Senior Managing Director - Purdy & Partners Inc
- Brenda Slauko - Regional Director-Technology Group, Western Canada & Atlantic - BDC
- Kyle Araki - Director, Capital Formation - TSX Venture Exchange
WeWork has recently arrived in Calgary and will be opening their spaces this fall. Hear from Community Director Brianna Iverson on how they intend to work with Calgary entrepreneurs to help implement their mission of creating a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.