Chuck is passionate about early stage emerging companies focusing on using business to find solutions to today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. He is currently the managing director of Impact Engine (TheImpactEngine.com), a venture accelerator focused on helping for-profit companies that address environmental and/or societal challenges. His role is to help them increase their chances of success.
He took his first big step as an entrepreneur in San Francisco when he founded OpenTable, Inc., which went public on the NASDAQ in May of 2009 (OPEN). He helped build an industry leading company that changed the way full-service restaurants manage their top-line growth and diners make their dinner reservations. OpenTable is the global leader in restaurant reservations with customers in all 50 states and over eighteen countries.
He currently spends most of his professional time promoting the Rise of the Impact Entrepreneur working with impact entrepreneurs helping them think differently about disrupting the status quo and competing in the future. He has had the pleasure of being involved in over 30 startups over 16 years as an entrepreneur, investor, board member or advisor including Braintree, Cleversafe, GrubHub, ThinkCERCA, Getable, Auctions By Cellular, Task Rabbit, Piece & Co., Portapure, and Moxie Jean.
Chuck spent 3 years serving in the US Army. Most importantly, he has an amazing wife and two awesome daughters. He loves local food systems, distributed infrastructure and community centric programs.
- Managing Director: Impact Engine (@TheImpactEngine) – Venture accelerator focused on for-profit businesses that address environmental and/or societal challenges.
- Director: Getable.com (@getable) - Helping local rental stores use the web to manage their rental inventory and find new customers.
- Director: TaskRabbit.com (@taskrabbit) – Two sided network of people who need to get things done and people willing to do those things.
- Director: Auctions By Cellular (@auctionsbycell) – Helping nonprofits run silent actions with innovative technology, that improves outcomes by over 40%.
- BS in Environmental Economics from California Polytechnic State University
- MBA in Entrepreneurship and Leadership from Kellogg School of Management
- Constant student of leadership and entrepreneurship