We’re excited to bring to Moldova an entrepreneur, mentor, investor who shares the same passions we do: tech startups and of course, great wines! Jon Staenberg (Stanford University Alumni) worked with venture-backed companies for 30 years in several capacities – as a founder, operator and venture capitalist. Jon provided venture capital funding to 100's of start-ups, raising multiple funds totaling $100's of Million.
Jon Staenberg (Stanford University Alumni) worked with venture-backed companies for 30 years in several capacities – as a founder, operator and venture capitalist. Jon provided venture capital funding to 100's of start-ups, raising multiple funds totaling $100's of Million.
Some of the companies he invested in are StubHub Seagate Volaris DocuSign Splunk Avalara Evite and SquareTrade, which recently, had a $2 Billion exit, one of the most successful warranty business in the world. Today, Jon is still looking for promising startups to invest in!
Other interesting facts about Jon:
- started his tech career in the early ’90s at Microsoft
- joined the Senior Management team of Virtual i-O - one of the very first venture-backed startups in VR
- passionate about wine
- partnered up with Santiago Achával to create Hand of God Wines Seattle, WA & Mendoza, Argentina - a boutique winery from Argentina’s highest-rated Winemaker. ''We have just taken their wine club and made it the best in America!''
Why you should come:
- find out about fundraising opportunities for your startup;
- learn what venture capitalists are looking for when investing in companies;
- learn about US trends in tech startups, investments and even wine business that can be applicable to the European market;
- speak to an expert and receive guidance on how to grow your business to the next level;
- network with awesome people;
- and if you've got a wine business, why not, find out how to expand it to the US market.
Grab your ticket and as usual, drinks and snacks are on us!
Startup Grind is the largest independent startup community, actively educating, inspiring, and connecting 2 000 000 entrepreneurs in 600 cities around 125 countries. Join us once a month to the next level!
*Dreamups General Partner - Orange
The event is organized with financial support from the U.S. Embassy Moldova European Fund for Southeast Europe (EFSE) Entrepreneurship Academy and Ministry of Education, Culture and Research.
Sponsors: Mobiasbanca - OTP Group and ISD