- Partner Offers
- About Us
National Budget for developing young entrepreneurs and Startups.
Supported by :
Pre Budget thought on: Startup and SME sectors development
Bangladesh is a developing country with a remarkable youth population. Some 4.80 crore or 30% of the total population in Bangladesh are young (source Daily Star) and countries job market is not large enough to absorb such a huge quantity of capable young people, so for sustainable and equitable economic growth of the country emphasize should be given on SME sectors.
If government take proper initiative for promoting, developing and safe-guarding micro level investment including SME sectors and motivate huge amount of young entrepreneurs to do business, only than country’s economic growth shall be meaningful and long-lasting. Activities and services of STARTUP BANGLADESH should cover all interested tech driven small entrepreneurs. SME Foundation also can play a vital role for developing micro business sector. As a result we can achieve Vision 2021 and Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) targets with in stipulated time.
Business leaders of various chambers and leaders of youth group given some suggestions/demands for consideration while preparing the budget:
1. Formation of special fund for equity support.
2. Small industrial land allocation to new entrepreneurs in special economic zones.
3. Provide services like Accelerators, Incubators, Training, Seed Funding, Mentoring, Marketing etc to innovators.
4. Free utility services for a short period.
5. Waiver of trade license fee for couple of years
6. Tax holiday for at least five years
7. Bank loan at a very low interest rate.
Participants: Remarkable Business leaders of Chittagong Chamber of Commerce Industry, Women Chamber, Chattogram Youth Chamber and Youth Council Representative, Trade Association Leaders, Young Entrepreneurs, Investors, Writers, Journalist including prospective Startup / innovators.