Are you considering expanding into the US? You’ve identified key growth opportunities overseas but not sure where to start?
Join us for an invaluable workshop delivered by the CMS Scotland team that lays the groundwork for your successful expansion into the US. With a focus on strategies, contracts, and understanding market dynamics, this event is your ultimate guide to making your mark in the American business landscape.
Market Expansion can be one of the most challenging yet rewarding steps that a company can take during their growth. Every founder NEEDS to get this right!
Come along, grab a coffee and learn from CMS and fellow founders. Let's unlock the potential of US markets!
- Share an ask with fellow founders & startup leaders
- Free refreshments on arrival
- Catch up with friends and make new ones
- Learn from startup legal experts
- Mix with founders at the same stage as you. Share wins, challenges and lessons learned
- Have your questions answered in a small group setting
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to develop an effective expansion strategy
- Understand the ever-evolving US market dynamics
- Navigate US commercial contracts with clarity
- How to avoid common pitfalls and safeguarding your IP
Who is this for:
- Forward-thinking founders, CEOs, and visionaries committed to US expansion. Whether you're planning your expansion or in the midst of it!
- Limited availability: 20 attendees
What you need to know:
- Date: Wed 14th September, 2023
- Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm (arrive from 9:30am for coffee and refreshments)
- Where: In-person at Barclays Eagle Labs
- 58 Kingston Street, Glasgow City, G5 8BP
- Duration: Up to 2 hours
About your hosts:
Kate Darracott - Corporate Partner
Kate specialises in international and domestic capital markets transactions (e.g. international public offerings, equity, debt and convertible follow-on offerings and private placements), strategic investments and acquisition financing. She also advises corporate clients on securities law compliance and disclosure questions as well as corporate governance matters.
As an attorney qualified in New York State, Kate has advised on a broad range of complex international transactions. Her clients range from fortune 500 companies to start-ups across a variety of sectors, including energy, finance, pharmaceuticals and biotech, technology, retail and e-commerce, amongst others.
David Dennis - Partner
David is a partner in the CMS Technology Team. He enjoys a wide range of commercial, technology and intellectual property-related work, with a particular interest in the life sciences sector.
David advises a full spectrum of clients ranging from start-ups to FTSE100 companies. His work spans a similar range, from small, initial agreements such as heads of terms and confidentiality agreements through to strategic licensing and long-term collaboration agreements. David is qualified in both England and Scotland and has worked in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London.