Do investors around the globe act the same way?
With a rapidly shrinking world, you might think that the differences would be less and less, and that we would all have perfect information. But there are still some fundamental differences, and some markets are actually a few years ahead, or behind, depending on how you want to see it.
- Can this cause trouble for a Startup looking for investments, yes, so its important to prepare!
- Can the differences be an opportunity for a well-prepared startup or investor, definitely! You have a lot to win from being able to navigate and use the opportunities that the differences create.
Growing Internationally - Investing Internationally!
In a virtual event that spans four time-zones,
- Sydney Australia,
- Hong Kong,
- London and
- Stockholm Sweden
...we are proud to have..
- Amanda Williams, Strategy Lead at Next Chapter Raise together with...
- Atin Batra, Founder & General Partner at Twenty Seven Ventures during a Fireside lead by..
- Alex Gordon-Furse, VP, Startup Programs at Startup Grind.
... on stage for the 69th Startup Grind in Hong Kong, part of the StartmeupHK Festival 2020.
Amanda, Atin and Alex will discuss questions such as:
- How does investment in Hong Kong differ to EU, USA and around in APAC?
- How mature are investments in Hong Kong compared to these regions?
- How mature are startups in these regions?
- What alternatives are there to classical VC investments”?
And to conclude:
- If you are in Hong Kong right now and want to reach out; how should you prepare?
- If you are in EU or USA, and look to invest into Hong Kong startups; how should you prepare?
After the Fireside Chat we will open up for questions during this Zoom meeting.
At the end of the event we will also use the Zoom breakout rooms for virtual networking.
RSVP to get your free ticket today!
Looking for a community that helps startups level up?
Big news from Startup Grind. We just created a new online membership to support startups!
Get access to curated content, intimate round-tables, investor intros, partner discounts, and more.
Check out Startup Grind’s Startup Membership here and join us now.
Use this referral link to apply and get 3 months free access! http://zpr.io/HPTau
, Strategy Lead at Next Chapter Raise
. Next Chapter Raise mission is simple - help women get funded faster. Female entrepreneurs, regardless of the type or size of the business, are less likely to seek and secure external funding, limiting their growth and impact.
Amanda is helping to develop and deliver training and a podcast to empower the female founder community. Amanda is also working to enlighten investors and corporates about how to better attract and engage with women-run businesses. Amanda is also hosting the Next Chapter Raise podcast, Raise the Bar, available on Spotify & iTunes.
, Founder & General Partner at Twenty Seven Ventures
). 27V is a VC firm investing in early-stage EdTech and Future of Work startups across the world. 27V looks for entrepreneurs with an overwhelming drive to build a business that not only creates shareholder value but also leaves a positive impact on our fragile world. The firm has invested in
8 companies alongside Steve Cohen’s Point 72 Ventures, Mark Cuban’s family office, Urban Us, BMW, Google and other Tier-1 investors.
Most recently, Atin was a Principal at the global VC firm Q Venture Partners, where he helped invest in Deep Tech & connected Hardware startups in North America. Prior to that, Atin led the Swire Properties’ B2B accelerator ‘blueprint’. Alex Gordon-Furse
, VP, Startup Programs at Startup Grind. Running all things startup at Startup Grind. Simply put, this means finding the best startups from across the world, integrating them into our global community, and providing them tailored support across education/coaching, network-building and exposure through our Startup Programs
both online and in-person