As part of #SGWomen we have Rajani Kasu who will share with us her journey in building Zyppys and about the Superpowers Female Founders have.
Rajani is an IT Leader turned Entrepreneur. After a 20 year long career in various leadership roles in the IT sector, she took the entrepreneurial dive after her Executive MBA from ISB.
Zyppys is a Car Rental Marketplace that is allowing customers to compare and pick a car of their choice (Chauffeur driven, Self drive and EV's). For the past few months working in emergency services, helping critical patients transfer from one location to another. It has recently raised pre-series A round of funding.
Do join us to learn from her everything from how she leads, adapted to competition from Ola/Uber, electric vehicles, and customer empathy.
Ideal for founders in ridesharing (bikes, scooters, cars, etc.), Electic Vehicles, NGOs, and as it is #SGWomen's month female founders!
CEO and Co-Founder
IT Leader turned Entrepreneur: Ventured into entrepreneurship after having spent 20 long years in various leadership roles in the IT sector, particularly in the Telecom domain. Expertise ranges from jumpstarting and execution of BackOffice IT operations in India of Telecom majors to interact with business and translating business needs into efficient IT solutions, obtaining stakeholder buy-in …
IT Leader turned Entrepreneur: Ventured into entrepreneurship after having spent 20 long years in various leadership roles in the IT sector, particularly in the Telecom domain. Expertise ranges from jumpstarting and execution of BackOffice IT operations in India of Telecom majors to interact with business and translating business needs into efficient IT solutions, obtaining stakeholder buy-in from multiple business units, and providing data-driven inputs for strategic business development.
As Rajani embarked on her entrepreneurial journey post her Executive MBA from ISB, she evaluated several start-up ideas and zeroed in on her current venture – Zyppys.
• As co-founder of Zyppys, she has set up the operations, IT, and support infrastructure for our intercity travel business.
• Platform expertise: Delivered consumer and business strategic programs for data, voice, and value-added services on Wireless 3G, 4G LTE, Fiber and Copper.
• M&A: Delivered common platform for HSI orders when GTE merged with Bell Atlantic. System supported 7 million customers across Verizon footprint.
• Product Information Management: Helped businesses define product strategy by providing useful consumer insights.
• Business Development Support: Increased broadband revenue by designing and developing entry-level pricing products and exceeded the company's strategic goal of 1.3M Net Adds to Billing (NATBs). Won Verizon excellence award.
• Operational efficiencies: Lead multimillion billing and ordering system consolidation project, reduced operational cost by 4%.
• Learning and Development: Have been a constant learner. Recently completed the “Executive MBA” program for senior leaders in the Indian School of Business – with international modules in FDC Brazil, Kellogg, and Wharton.
BVR Mohan Reddy (born 1950) is an Indian business executive and engineering manager who founded and served as Executive Chairman of Cyient, (formerly Infotech Enterprises). He joined the DCM Group in 1974, and has subsequently worked with MICO Bosch, HCL, and OMC Computers Limited. He was the Chairman of NASSCOM from 2014–2015, and is a prolific business analyst.
From studying economics and psychology at Stanford to getting a fellowship in London, from working on the Nizamabad Sandbox to being an angel investor, Phani has done everything that could possibly be on one’s bucket list. Much before the Flipkart-Walmart deal made headlines, the acquisition of redBus by Goibibo was one of the earliest successful exit stories in the Indian startup ecosystem. Since his exit, Co-founder Phanindra (Phani) Sama has been doing different things. Now as the Chief Innovation Officer of Telangana State Innovation Cell.
Data WizardView Profile
Director Startup Grind HyderabadView Profile
Co-director, StartupGRIND Hyderabad
Co-Director Startup Grind HyderabadView Profile
Business DevelopmentView Profile
Financial MentorView Profile
Startup Relations LeadView Profile
Technology EvangelistView Profile