- Become a Member
- Log In
In the first in a series of free webinars, small business advisors at the very top of their game (who or may not have seen the other side of a recession) come together to share insights on operational contingencies, startup finance and accounting, legal matters, how tech can help and commercial savviness needed to steer out of this crisis.
Stephen Trimble - Chief Product Officer, Continent 8 Technologies
Stephen has 25 years’ experience in technology and leadership across the telecoms, data hosting, networking and data security sectors, covering over 50 locations globally.
Leigh Kennaugh - Managing Director, LK Accounting Limited
Leigh has over 20 years' experience having qualified and gained significant experience in the “Big 4” environment. Leigh has founded two local accountancy firms and is the current Managing Director of LK Accounting Limited.
Miles Benham - Managing Director, MannBenham
Miles has over 23 years' experience across many aspects of Manx Law including the gaming industry and was instrumental in the development and evolution of the sector in the Isle of Man. Miles is also on the board of the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce, is a member of the British Blockchain Association and was one of the founders and the legal adviser to the Manx Digital Currency Association.
While we conduct the interview, you shape the conversation as we look to you to put your questions to our panel. Visit sli.do, enter #SGIOM and submit your question in advance. We’ll feature hot topics and common themes, so you get the utmost out our the 60-minute session. Fear not, we’ll save time for live Q&A to close.
Community is king, and never more so than in times of crisis. So whilst our event is 100% free, if you like what you see and would like to make a donation to the Manx Solidarity Fund, please select the £3.00 (plus fees) ticket option. All funds raised will deliver support to residents and local organisations facing difficulties as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Continent 8 Technologies
Chief Product Officer
LK Accounting Limited
Stephen has 25 years’ experience in Technology and Leadership across the telecoms, data hosting, networking and data security sectors. As Continent 8’s Chief Product Officer, Stephen takes responsibility for all product development activities of their data hosting, connectivity and managed services business - covering over 50 locations globally.
With over 20 years experience having qualified and gained significant experience in the “Big 4” environment, Leigh wanted to provide more “hands on” guidance and assistance to a broader range of clients; individuals as well as small and medium-sized businesses.
Leigh has founded two local accountancy firms and is the current Managing Director of LK Accounting Limited, a client-focussed Chartered Accountancy firm providing professional expertise in a personal and flexible manner to meet individual client needs.
Some areas of experience gained to-date by Leigh include:
• Advising numerous individuals on the most appropriate structure for the operation of their business, actual and proposed, and providing assistance to establish the necessary structure, systems and operational framework;
• Production of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts and related reconciliations and financial analysis;
• Annual financial statement and income tax return preparation and submission;
• Preparation of financial statements from incomplete information and records;
• Assisting with compliance with financial regulatory reporting requirements, establishing internal controls and financial reporting procedures;
• Financial modelling, production of budgets and monitoring actual performance to budget including the production of a full working capital and cash flow models;
• Appraising proposed changes to business structures and operations;
• Review of accounting and business systems of a licensed entity and assisting the Managing Director to establish internal controls and financial reporting procedures following unanticipated changes within the senior management structure;
• Accounting service provider to a CISX listed investment property fund, providing all required Net Asset Value, management and statutory accounting information;
• Performance of investor due diligence in relation to proposed investments; and
• Reviewing of a proposed merger and internal restructuring and managing the up-front testing of the procedures to be implemented.
Miles is the Managing Director of MannBenham and was admitted to the Manx Bar in 1996 with over 23 years' experience across many aspects of Manx Law including the gaming industry and was instrumental in the development and evolution of the sector in the Isle of Man.
Miles is also on the board of the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce, is a member of the British Blockchain Association (BBA), the first UK-wide organisation to encourage and facilitate the adoption of blockchain technology across public, private and third sectors, and was one of the founders and the legal adviser to the Manx Digital Currency Association.
Miles has been appointed as a Court appointed liquidator by the Isle of Man High Court and is the co-author of the Isle of Man chapter of 'The International Insolvency Review' and the Isle of Man section of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Gambling.