- Partner Offers
- About Us
There are a plethora of good and interesting startup ideas and ventures churning out of Rajasthan periodically. There are a host of ecosystem enablers and stakeholders out there in the region to help, support and mentor these fresh ideas and aspirations.
But it is also true that most of these aspiring and young entrepreneurs tend to pursue their innovative and startup ideas with a narrow mindset of been dependent on investor funding to run their show, without a clear understanding of whether they actually need funding at all in the first place.
Hence, it becomes rather critical for them to get the hang of what and how an angel investor community thinks and preserves the startup ecosystem at large.
With this agenda in mind, Startup Grind Jaipur is proud to host its first event, 'Startup to Scaleup - An Angel Investor's Perspective', a focused session with none other than Mahavir Sharma, a serial entrepreneur who is part of umpteen businesses and social organizations, and exudes passion in angel investing, leadership and mentoring.
This event is especially design to educate, inspire and connect idea stage and early stage startups, as well as aspiring and established entrepreneurs. Participate in the session to benefit and learn about:
Mahavir Sharma, a serial entrepreneur is part of umpteen businesses and social organizations, and exudes passion in angel investing, leadership and mentoring.Read More
Mahavir Sharma, a serial entrepreneur is part of umpteen businesses and social organizations, and exudes passion in angel investing, leadership and mentoring.
After schooling at Xavier and college in Jaipur, he went to the US and worked in the international trading market for 6 years. He has founded or co-founded:
1) Oscar Expo Design LLP- Manufacturing and exports of Carpets and Silver Jewellery (www.oscarexpo.com) for the last 27 yrs.
2) Swishin Events LLP- An Event Management, Marketing and PR firm (www.swishin.in) which creates events par excellence and is part of the founding team of many flagship events in Jaipur.
3) Jaipur Kaleen park Ltd (JKPL)- A group of carpet manufactures, developing an Industrial park, which is a first ever Eco-friendly and non-polluting carpet and textile park near Jaipur.
4) Hari Om Decor-aka S. Raja (www.sraja.in ) started with 2 fellow exporters, a chain of retail floor coverings store across India.
5) RAIN- Co-founder and Chairman of Rajasthan Angel Innovator Network, an integral part of an angel investor network of Rajasthan (www.rainjaipur.co.in). Also a lead mentor and director on many startups globally.
6) Director at Art Summit India P Ltd. (www.jaipurartsummit.in)
7) Past Chairman, Carpet Export Promotion Council, the apex body of Handmade carpet industry in India under the aegis of The Textile Ministry, GOI. From 2017-19.
8) Trustee and Vice Chair, TiE Global 2017-20, founder member and past president of TiE Rajasthan, Promoted the values of TiE and Entrepreneurship across the world.
9) Chairman of the recently announced TiE India Angels (TIA), an initiative of TiE Global.
In the past he has also been:-
Jaipur Virasat Foundation (www.jaipurvirasatfoundation.org) in various roles
President, Rajasthan Carpet Manufacturers and Exporters Association
Specialties: Strategic Marketing n Branding.
Global Trade partnerships, alliances and negotiations.
Events planning, management and Handmade crafts.