A lifelong banker, Burcham has grown mobank from $63 million in assets when he took over in 1994, to more than $550 million today. He literally has worked in every position in the bank – from teller to CEO. Burcham and his bank focus on small businesses. He understands small business owners because he is one; mobank was the KC Chamber’s Small Business of the Year in 1999. Burcham was also named Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year in 1999. Ingram’s Magazine named Burcham one of their 40 under 40 in 2000.
mobank is a boutique bank with customers who comprise an eclectic, exceptional network of Kansas City area professionals, artists, entrepreneurs and visionaries. Burcham is personally, deeply ingrained in that network and derives unique and remarkable insights from it. Missouri Bank succeeds through a philosophy of strong relationships based on exceptional service, which means Burcham has to, and does, know his customers better than any other banker in town.
Education and Affiliations
Burcham received a bachelor of business administration degree in 1984 from Southern Methodist University. In 1990, he completed attendance at Graduate School of Banking – Colorado.
Burcham is a small business owner with a big footprint. Though he runs a business with under 100 employees, Burcham has made a strong impression in the civic community. His affiliations include:
- President – St. Luke’s Hospital Foundation
- Board Member – St. Luke’s Hospital
- Board Member – Chair Finance Committee, Kansas City Art Institute
- Board Member – ASPIRE Foundation
- Board Member – MRI Global
- Board Member – Pembroke Hill School
- Board Member – Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association
- Advisory Board – Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired
- Advisory Board – Charlotte Street Foundation
- Advisory Board – Horizon Academy
- Member – Civic Council of Greater Kansas City
- Trustee – Mary Atkins Trust Foundation