Gen George is the 24 year old founder and CEO of OneShift, an online jobs platform that operates like a matchmaking service for employers and jobseekers looking for casual, part-time or permanent work across a range of industries. Launched in 2012, when George was just 21 years old, the job platform now caters to over 400,000 jobseekers and 35,000 businesses, has expanded to New Zealand and is proving to be a major disruptor within the recruitment industry.
George's success has been well recognised by both the Australian and international startup community and to date some of her awards include:
- 2014 1st Place - Hot 30Under30 Smart Company
- 2014 and 2013 Silver Winner of Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year - Stevie Award
- 2013 Winner - Anthill 30Under30
- 2013 Winner - Future Makers 25Under25
- 2013 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Innovation, Enterprise & E-Business