Startup Grind Continues as part of The World's Largest Holiday Startup Party
with Tom Howard - Founder of Adioso
is a travel search and booking website for people who care about having amazing travel experiences.
The grand plan is to build the online travel agency of the future, by offering:
- search capabilities that are far more broad and flexible than traditional travel search tools - eg "Melbourne to Europe late September for 20-30 days"
- a user-interface built to align with the experimental, iterative approach people take when evaluating and choosing travel options
- search driven by interests and attractions - "snowboarding", "swimming with dolphins", "treehouse accommodation"
- personalisation of search results so you don't always have to tell the site which airlines or accommodation types you prefer
- search results that are pushed to you via email, mobile push or social media, so you don't have to keep coming back to the site to find out what's changed.
Founded in Australia in 2008 by Fenn Bailey and Tom Howard, Adioso was in the Winter ‘09 class of Y Combinator, and has received seed funding from Silicon Valley and travel industry investors.
As of November 2012, Adioso has a team of five engineers and designers in Australia and the US, and is about its first production-ready version that has global reach.