*THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE HELD 11:15am-12pm
(ignore other times shown on this event, oh technology!) ON FRIDAY 2/26 AS A PART OF #PHXSTARTUPWEEK * Tix are free but please RSVP online, as usual. Thx!
Jeff has been an entrepreneur his entire career. In 2001, he used his life savings and borrowed an additional $200,000 on credit cards to start Mercury Payment Systems, a credit card processing company, with his brother, Marc.
After taking on investors along the way, fourteen years later they sold that business for nearly $2 billion. In total, he has started and/or invested in eight other businesses, most of which are fast-growing technology companies.
As a serial entrepreneur, Jeff is passionate about:
- Investing in, and mentoring, capable and self-driven entrepreneurs.
- Using technology to change industries, communities, and lives.
- Gaining competitive advantage technologically and/or from business model innovation.
- Using indirect sales channels, (partner programs), to geometrically scale sales and create forbidding barriers to entry for competitors.
- Sharing significant revenue with partners and creating numerous competitive advantages for them.
- Using channel marketing to support channel selling, i.e. using CRM to run co-marketing campaigns with channel partners. Specifically, cross-selling into our partners' customer base by cross-marketing on their behalf.
Learn more about Jeff's journey, lessons and experiences during his fireside chat, hosted by Christie Kerner of Startup Grind at #PHXStartupWeek