Gen George Hosted by Sally-Ann Williams from Google
Gen George is the 24 year old founder and CEO of OneShift, an online jobs platform that operates like a matchmaking service for employers and jobseekers looking for casual, part-time or permanent work across a range of industries. Launched in 2012, when George was just 21 years old, the job platform now caters to over 400,000 jobseekers and 35,000 businesses, has expanded to New Zealand and is proving to be a major disruptor within the recruitment industry.
George's success has been well recognized by both the Australian and international startup community and to date some of her awards include:
- 2014 1st Place - Hot 30Under30 Smart Company
- 2014 and 2013 Silver Winner of Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year - Stevie Award
- 2013 Winner - Anthill 30Under30
- 2013 Winner - Future Makers 25Under25
- 2013 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Innovation, Enterprise & E-Business
Sally-Ann Williams is the Senior Program Manager at Google Australia/New Zealand. She focuses on the strategy & execution of programs across a broad portfolio. In her role as Engineering Community & Outreach Program Manager at Google, she is responsible for:
- Startup engagement in AU & NZ
- University Research Relations for AU & NZ
- STEM & CS initiatives across AU & NZ
In addition to driving these strategic initiatives for Google she also volunteers her time to help grow the startup ecosystem in Australia and works closely with StartupAUS and it's executives. Prior to Google Sally-Ann worked at several Australian tertiary institutions in a range of academic and academic administration roles spanning executive education, public sector management, research and postgraduate degrees and tertiary management.