CMO & co-founder at MarsBased, and Regional Director at Startup Grind for Southern EU.
MarsBased is a full-remote development consultancy from Barcelona specialised in web and mobile applications developed with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS and Ionic. Àlex runs the sales/marketing area and is in charge of communications & growth of the company.
In barely 2 years, he's done:
- 5-digit contracts within weeks of having launched the company.
- 7-digit contracts eight months after the creation of the company.
- Grown the company (LLC) to 10 full-time employees & 5 freelancers.
- International clients from three different continents, hailing from USA, Germany, Spain, Abu Dhabi, France, UK, Singapore and Finland.
- Providers for development of the core product for some of their clients.
- Featured in press for some of their outstanding projects like the Barcelona Startup Map, among others.
In 2015, Àlex became responsible for the expansion of the Startup Grind brand in Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland)
His background in consulting & development (ex-Deloitte, ex-VASS) and his international profile helps him with the technical and the business perspective.