Brand + Visual Designer
Startup Grind is the world's largest startup community, giving startups everywhere the education, opportunities and access they need to build, grow, and scale their companies. Startup Grind was founded in Palo Alto, California 10 years ago, but our extended network of Startup Grind chapters are located in over 600 cities and 125 countries globally. Our team is fully remote with team members working in London, Amsterdam, Delhi, Dubai, Madrid, Oakland, Chicago, South Africa, and more.
We are looking for a full-stack, multidisciplinary designer to own all branded communications within the Startup Grind community. This is a full-remote position, starting on a part-time basis (4 to 6 hours per day) with possibilities of turning to a full-time role in the future.
What you'll do:
- Brand Design: Maintain, update, and evolve Startup Grind's brand, both visually and strategically
- Marketing Design: Produce promotional materials for our events, create design assets for our social media and Medium blog, work on deck presentations
- Conference Visual Identity: Design our flagship conferences’ visual identities from concept through production and implementation
- UI/UX Design: Help resolve and improve internal and external processes through design thinking / user experience design + work on designing and updating our website pages
- Community Initiatives: Create visual identities for our community initiatives and co-branded campaigns with partners like Google, AWS, Mailchimp, Zendesk, and more.
What we're looking for:
- Brand, Graphic, or Visual Communication Designer with 3-5 years of experience
- You are a generalist of design and you enjoy working across different disciplines, while keeping your work high quality with a great attention to detail
- You are comfortable with a lot of responsibility and feel comfortable making decisions
- You can pivot and adapt, and you have the ability to keep up with the pace of a quickly evolving startup
- You are highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- You have great communication skills and you are a team player who prioritizes company success in addition to personal success
- Last but not least - you are passionate about design :)
Gold stars / Nice to have:
- Illustration and/or motion design skills
- Experience working with an asynchronous, remote team, and working cross-functionally with different teams in a company (sales, success, community, events, engineering)
If you think you fit the role, please submit your application here.