Business Development Representative - Startups
What is the role? Startup Grind is looking for an energetic Business Development Representative to work closely with the Director of Partnerships - Startups. This role will play an integral part in growing our Startup Exhibitions & Global Startup Program, working with startups and corporate partners alike.
Where will the role be based?: London
What could this person look like?
We know that many different types of people could succeed in this role, but if you can relate to the majority of the below characteristics / skills, then we would love to speak with you:
- Ideally, you have at least 1-year of experience working in a business
- You’re interested in the startup world
- You like talking to people
- You’re open-minded & eager to learn
- You like taking initiative
- You’re highly organized
- You may not have direct sales experience, but you would consider yourself someone with business instinct
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for speaking to and working with startups and prospective partners from across the world, generating new business to fuel the growth of our Startup Exhibitions & Global Startup Program. The initial day-to-day includes, but is not limited to:
- Building and growing relationships in the startup ecosystem, by interfacing with startup founders on a daily basis, corresponding via email and phone in particular
- Describing our Exhibitions & Program with energy and passion, as well as asking insightful questions to identify the strengths and weaknesses in startup business models
- Organizing event marketing materials and logistics for startups and partners at on-site events, conferences
- Organizing invoices, contracts
- Tracking deliverables and metrics throughout any sales/marketing campaigns
- Working with the Director of Partnerships - Startups to:
- Make final decisions on the best startups and partners
- Liaise with investors and partners to grow the Exhibitions and Startup Program
- Develop ideas for strategic growth of both the Exhibitions and Startup Program
How will you be compensated? You will receive a competitive monthly salary (based on experience level) and sales commission
Where could this role take you?
- There is a huge opportunity for growth in this role. You’ll be joining a small startup with a huge future. So far, our team has created a company that runs the largest independent community of entrepreneurs in the world and we are not stopping there. We have big ambitions for the next stage of our growth!
- You’ll be guided and mentored throughout your journey with us. If you commit, you’ll learn a huge amount right from day 1 and become a very important contributor to our long-term growth
If you think you fit the role, please submit your CV/resume to email@example.com with the email subject line ‘Your Name - BDR Application’