As part of the Events Team, the Events Coordinator will help organize and deliver best in class experiences, supporting our rapidly growing organization and global community of entrepreneurs. This is the perfect opportunity for a highly-organized individual who enjoys problem solving and multitasking in a fast-paced environment. You’re ready to dive-in and become immediately involved in all aspects of events - from overall logistics to programming speakers, creating unique experiences, and supporting our sponsors - this person will play a major role in the success of our events.
More about the role --
- Work directly with the VP of Marketing + Partnerships in the planning of Startup Grind events and conferences throughout the year including, but not limited to the following:
- Startup Grind Global Conference (Silicon Valley, February, 3k attendees)
- Multiple regional conferences (London - June, 1500 attendees; LA - October 1k attendees)
- Weekend Retreats, team events, evening events related to conferences, speaker lunches/dinner events, summer/holiday parties..
- Event Logistics - be the lead in coordinating all of the little (important!) details
- Vendor Management- research, negotiate, and book vendors (venues, catering, furniture, printing, hotel, food and bev, etc). You’re the point-of-contact pre-live-post for all event vendors
- Speaker Coordination/Programming - Play a role in finding the best topics and talent for different speaking opportunities at events and conferences. You’ll help recruit and invite talent (entrepreneurs, CEO’s, investors) and coordinate speaker logistics and scheduling for their on-site presence.
- Marketing/Sales - Collaborate with internal sales and marketing teams to help develop event marketing materials (programs, advertisements, email campaigns) and support our partners/sponsors with pre-event needs and on-site activation.
- Some account management support (sales research, sponsor logistics, etc) will be involved.
About You --
- You fit in well with our small but diverse team - that’s #1
- You possess an outstanding work ethic and have a strong sense of urgency
- Great communication skills both written and oral
- You perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- You are outgoing, friendly, and an excellent communicator
- You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others
- You are a creative problem solver always able to get any task done
- You are excellent at multi-tasking and flexible with shifting priorities
- You are highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- While it doesn’t need to be your whole world, someone with an interest in startups/entrepreneurship/tech would be beneficial
- You are located in the Bay Area
Please submit your resume to email@example.com