PR Manager (Contract, Part Time)
We are looking for an experienced PR & Communications Manager who can run Startup Grind’s media relations, marketing content and social channels, support with speaker event programming and interviews, create and run brand PR campaigns as needed.
- Work with the team to develop and execute marketing initiatives for our events/conferences, and otherwise (to be determined /crated).
- Work with all teams to ensure the Startup Grind voice is consistent in all aspects of the brand.
- Help develop content for conferences - work directly with speaker comms/PR teams to determine best subject matter for sessions, and book interviewers from the press, investor firms, or otherwise for interviews.
- Handle press relations - press outreach and inquiries, press schedules and all logistics when traveling to or attending our events
- Oversee and update Startup Grind’s communications and press materials, including press kits, bios/boilerplates and website
- Write blog posts with content relevant to monthly and/or conference themes
- Land press coverage for Startup Grind across various media channels / outlets on a regular basis
- Oversee press and marketing archives, monitor and research news for brand and special programs (startups, conferences, community)
- Assist with administrative tasks within the department
- 1-3 years of previous experience with tech/startup brands and media outlets
- Network of media contacts / experience working with press
- Creative mind - we hope you’ll come in with some new ideas for improved PR/brand awareness, marketing campaigns.
- Must be familiar with the tech-startup landscape with which Startup Grind is very involved
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Remote from within the US
- Contract/PT role - estimate 20-hours per week
If you think you fit the role, please submit your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org