PR & Communications Manager
We are looking for smart, motivated PR & Communications Manager who has a desire to continue learning, a track record of ownership and follow-through and a positive can-do attitude in everything they do.
Creating and executing all aspects of public relations and communication programs for the brand, presenting and promoting Startup Grind both online and in-person. The coordinator is an integral part in conceiving and executing marketing and events efforts as well as handling press relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Media relations development, planning and execution, research, writing, social media management and production, digital marketing, and account measurement and tracking. Additional details are below:
- Work with the team to develop and execute marketing initiatives for our events/conferences, and otherwise (to be determined /crated).
- Work with all teams to ensure the Startup Grind voice is consistent in all aspects of the brand.
- Help develop content for conferences - work directly with speaker comms/PR teams to determine best subject matter for sessions, and book interviewers from the press, investor firms, or otherwise for interviews.
- Handle press correspondence - press outreach and inquiries, press schedules and all logistics when traveling to or attending our events
- Oversee and update Startup Grind’s communications and press materials, including press kits, bios/boilerplates and website
- Write blog posts with content relevant to monthly and/or conference themes
- Land press coverage for Startup Grind across various media channels /outlets on a regular basis
- Oversee press and marketing archives, monitor and research news for brand and special programs (startups, conferences, community)
- Assist with administrative tasks within the department
- 1-3 years of previous experience
- Network of media contacts/experience working with press
- Important to have contacts / network in the bay area
- Creative mind - we hope you’ll come in with some new ideas for improved PR/brand awareness, marketing campaigns
- Must be familiar with the tech-startup landscape with which Startup Grind is very involved
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Independent and self-motivated
- Proactive attitude with a willingness to take on any task
*Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, with the opportunity to work from San Francisco office at least 3 days/week.
**If you think you fit the role, please submit your CV/resume to email@example.com