Sales Development Representative
Startup Grind is growing our partnerships team, focused on developing strategic relationships with brands looking to reach our global community of startups. We’re looking for an energetic, motivated individual with an interest in developing their sales skills and building their network. The primary focus of the SDR will be to build the sales pipeline: create and seek out new opportunities (prospects) for Startup Grind - across partnerships, and event sponsorships.
You will be compensated on the number of opportunities you generate, as well as the dollar amount of new sales that are closed because of accounts you bring in. As a team, you’ll participate in monthly goals and incentives, with bonuses offered throughout. You will be a vital part of the team and overtime, will receive many opportunities for growth as your skills develop. As part of a lean startup team, you’ll be given responsibilities and opportunities that would take a while to reach at any large organization.
- Create and develop new opportunities (add prospects to the pipeline)
- Research the industry, identify target organizations
- Spend a significant amount of time making calls, sending emails to prospects
- Land meetings and pitch partnership opportunities via phone or in-person
- Work with Sales Managers to convert leads into new business
- Support Sales Managers with account management - bettering the chances for renewal on partnership or to create new revenue opportunities
- US based
- You understand Startup Grind: Who’s in our community, who we sell to, etc.
- You are highly organized, with an acute attention to detail
- You are a hustler - you get things done and are willing to put in the extra time when needed.
- You’re a team player, but can also stay motivated working on your own
- You’re comfortable speaking to all types of people, building business relationships
- You’re ideally located in the Bay Area, working with the team in San Francisco at least 3 days per week
- BONUS if you come on board with leads of your own, from within your network or due to prior research
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation
- Work from home on Mondays and Fridays
- Bonuses and perks throughout the year as part of sales team goals
If you think you fit the role, please submit your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org