Startup Grind Jakarta is in Jakarta - the hottest startup city in Southeast Asia!
Indonesia startup ecosystem has been growing leaps and bounds during the past 5 years and have no sign of slowing down at all. With its unique market with 220 million people, and around 80 million internet users, Indonesia is HOT for startups and Jakarta happens to sit in the centre of all the hype in Indonesia startup ecosystem. Recent facts found that Jakarta is ranked 1th being the most active Twitter users in the world (source: Semiocast), and also ranked 2th worldwide for most active Facebook users worldwide (source : social bakers).
We are kicking off our first inaugural Startup Grind Jakarta on June 26, 2014 working with GEPI Co-Working Space (DBS Tower, Ciputra World I). Our first esteemed speaker is Hadi Wenas, founder of Zalora Indonesia (part of Rocket Internet, dubbed as the best Indonesia ecommerce site in 2013) and currently acting as CEO of aCommerce (the hottest startup for logistics ecommerce).
Jakarta has a numerous list of successful entrepreneurs and you might already see some of them in the news during the past 5 years
- Danny Oei Wirianto, the man behind the successful Semut Api Colony, Kaskus, and currently the CEO of Mindtalk.com
- Wenas Agusetiawan, Natali Ardianto, and Dimas Surya Yaputra, accounted for building the most successful ticketing company Tiket.com in Indonesia
- Andrew Darwis and Ken Dean Lawadinata, successfully founded Kaskus.com, currently the largest social forum in Indonesia with 8 million users
- William Tanuwijaya, CEO of Tokopedia.com who is accounted for building the largest C2C marketplace in Indonesia, replicating the success of Taobao China.
- Anton Soeharyo, Founder & CEO of Touchten, most successful game company in Indonesia with popular games such RamenChain, Inifinite Sky, Sushi Chain
- Denny Santoso, Founder of SixReps, currently CEO of Beautiplan, a social platform for beautician and beauty products
- Kevin Mintaraga, best known as CEO of Magnivate, which is acquired by XM Gravity and transformed into the largest digital agency in Indonesia.
Do come, join us and learn something to better build your startup from zero to something great with an awesome fireside chat from these successful entrepreneurs.