Since before entrepreneurship was considered "sexy", Rich Honen has been educating Upstate NY on corporate law, venture capital and angel investing. An acknowledged early practitioner of Nanotechnology law in Upstate NY, Rich perceived the need for startups to receive expert counsel - even when they were unable to afford it.
A highly regarded lecturer, Rich is known for his ability to make complex legal matters understandable; one of his most well-received topics is about Understanding Term Sheets.
As leader of the Venture Capital Practice Team at Phillips Lytle, and Partner in Charge of the firm’s Albany office, Rich provides counsel to a broad spectrum of firms from start-up to Fortune 50.
Don't miss this chance to hear from one of our Region's experts!
TOPICS DISCUSSED WILL INCLUDE:
- Giving Away Free Advice - Why It Works
- Legal Issues Affecting Private Equity and Venture Backed Companies
- The Development of the Startup Ecosystem in the Capital Region before it became "Tech Valley"
- The Advent of Nanotechnology Law in Tech Valley
- Business Development - "How to Do It" **especially relevant for recent Law School Graduates
- How To Differentiate and Sell Yourself
- How to Bring in Business
- Tech Valley isn't Silicon Valley - and Why That's OK
BE SEEN, GET HEARD:
For the first time ever, we're offering an opportunity for YOU to be heard at Startup Grind Albany. This is an effective and valuable chance to share your brand and message and connect with like-minded professionals at our Kick-off event for 2018. Many influential Founders, Professionals, and Investors will be in attendance. We have several opportunities available, starting at $250. (Connect Here)