- About Us
Come to the official presentation of Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit's first book, Camino al Exit(o). We will host Ferran Martínez (Globatalent) and Mar Alarcón (SocialCar), who were included in the book, talk about the book and generally have a good time. The event will be conducted in Spanish.
The event is limited to 40 people.
It is our 1st Year Anniversary so we are celebrating March with former Spanish professional basketball player and Olympian Ferrán Martínez . Gaining entrepreneurial experiences, he became a serial investor and business angel, specialising in the financial technology and blockchain industries.
After retiring from professional basketball in 2002, Ferrán Martínez turned his attention towards education, gaining MBAs in sports management from La Salle University, Barcelona and Saint Mary’s College, San Francisco, USA.
Ferrán Martínez plays an integral part in helping Globatalent achieve this goal, applying an insightful combination of elite sports industry knowledge and blockchain technology wisdom. He is using his sports industry and business knowledge to support , a platform giving gifted athletes the chance to fund themselves through selling their future sporting revenue rights to fans and token holders.
In 2005, Ferrán founded several companies related to sports and finance, specializing in the wealth management of great fortunes of sportspeople and celebrities, and later led private banking units in, Andbank, Banco Sabadell, Mirabaud and UBS.
He has also co-founded the technology companies Bidaway, Entanglement Partners and WorldMastery among others. He is also the author of four books on business management, coaching and finance.
Founder and CEO of SocialCar, the first platform in Spain for P2P car rental. Mar, is a benchmark in sharing economy, sustainable mobility and legality. Founding member of Sharing España and board member of ADigital. Mar supports Barcelona's tech ventures as a member of BCN Tech City's board of directors. She is also a promoter of innovation as part of the Creafutur advisory board. Graduated in Law and PDD by IESE, she began her professional career at Cuatrecasas Abogados and her social entrepreneurship interest began at Grameen Bank with Prof. Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
• Marketing & Business plans: I have worked in all the process of its execution, from the analysis of the market and research of opportunities to the elaboration of strategic actions and its implementation.
• Leadership and Management: I successfully leaded cross-functional teams to implement new business initiatives, a new CRM system, reorganise existent procedures and achieve success in projects and events (sport and sponsorship events).
• Knowledge of the APPS ECOSYSTEM: I have leaded projects to develop mobile apps from its idea, design, contents, programming development and launch (e.g.: BCNQuiz).
• Digital commerce knowledge: Integrate on-line (Adwords, Facebook ads,...) and traditional media to reach target audience. Strong grasp of digital commerce and social network trends.
• 4 Languages: I fluently speak four languages since I have been living and working abroad: Spanish, English, Italian and Catalan. I also have basic French.
Specialities: Experience in marketing (Master’s Degree in 2007), sport management (Master’s degree in Sport Management and Direction in 2009), planning, event management and marketing, budget management, product and services launches, integrated campaigns, social media/ online marketing, good communicator, leadership and teamwork skills.