- About Us
Startup Grind is the most significant community of entrepreneurs, powered by Google for Entrepreneurs. Our mission is to help every entrepreneur in the world. We do so by hosting a monthly recurring event and inspiring, educating and connecting entrepreneurs. The Barcelona chapter was granted the "Best Chapter of the Year" award in 2016, with the average assistance of +130 attendees per event, having held over 50 events since April 2014 and helping local entrepreneurs to take their projects to the next level.
The event will go as follows:
1. First, we have an open mic session where any attendee is free to speak up his mind or ask for a piece of advice from the community and receive feedback.
2. The second part is a workshop by Chiara Massironi, Senior Community Development Manager at SendGrid, about Email Marketing Best Practices.
3. Then, the fireside chat interview, hosted by our Chapter Director Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit.
4. And last but not least, we host a networking session in which attendees talk to each other freely over some beers and delicious empanadas. There's no Startup Grind where you don't leave with new friends and exciting connections.
Follow #SGBCN; the official Startup Grind Barcelona hashtag. See you there and happy grinding!
*Note: all our events are conducted in English and do not offer refunds. If you need an invoice email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after buying the ticket
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, Erik helps our largest senders in EMEA optimize their email sending and get the most out of their customer communication program with SendGrid. Prior to joining SendGird, Erik spent over 10 years developing content and messaging strategies for email marketing programs in the gaming, retail and travel verticals.
Marketing professional with 5+ years of experience working in Tech in the EMEA region. My areas of expertise include building communities amongst technical and non-technical audiences, building partnerships, scaling strategy from early to mid-stage startups, and email marketing. I work closely with Startups, Accelerators, VC's and other key players in the startup ecosystem, and am passionate about connecting people who can challenge and learn from each other.
Fluent in Italian, Spanish and English, and always happy to jump on a plane and be immersed in a new culture!
CMO & co-founder at MarsBased, and Regional Director at Startup Grind for Southern EU.
MarsBased is a full-remote development consultancy from Barcelona specialised in web and mobile applications developed with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS and Ionic. Àlex runs the sales/marketing area and is in charge of communications & growth of the company.
In barely 2 years, he's done:
- 5-digit contracts within weeks of having launched the company.
- 6-digit contracts eight months after the creation of the company.
- Grown the company (LLC) to 10 full-time employees & 5 freelancers.
- International clients from three different continents, hailing from USA, Germany, Spain, Abu Dhabi, France, UK, Singapore and Finland.
- Providers for development of the core product for some of their clients.
- Featured in press for some of their outstanding projects like the Barcelona Startup Map, among others.
In 2015, Àlex became responsible for the expansion of the Startup Grind brand in Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland)
His background in consulting & development (ex-Deloitte, ex-VASS) and his international profile helps him with the technical and the business perspective.