- Partner Offers
- About Us
Startup Grind is the most significant community of entrepreneurs, powered by Google for Entrepreneurs. Our mission is to help every entrepreneur in the world. We do so by hosting a monthly recurring event and inspiring, educating and connecting entrepreneurs. The Barcelona chapter was granted the "Best Chapter of the Year" award in 2016, with the average assistance of +130 attendees per event, having held over 50 events since April 2014 and helping local entrepreneurs to take their projects to the next level.
This event will be divided as follows:
1. First, we have an open mic session where every attendee may come on stage to ask for help for his/her startup for a maximum of 30 seconds. Keep your pitch sharp!
2. We'll have a fireside chat with Pau García-Milá, hosted by our Chapter Director, Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit.
3. A networking session where attendees talk to each other freely over fresh beers and delicious food. There's no Startup Grind event where you won't leave with new friends and exciting connections.
Follow #SGBCN; the official Startup Grind Barcelona hashtag.
See you there and happy grinding!
Pau García-Milà is an entrepreneur and communicator born in BCN in 1987. He founded his first company when he was only 17, which was later acquired by Telefónica. He was named "Innovator of the Year" in 2011 by an MIT publication and was awarded the "Príncipe de Girona Empresa" in 2010.Read More
Pau García-Milà is an entrepreneur and communicator born in BCN in 1987. He founded his first company when he was only 17, which was later acquired by Telefónica. He was named "Innovator of the Year" in 2011 by an MIT publication and was awarded the "Príncipe de Girona Empresa" in 2010.
Nowadays, Pau complements his work at IdeaFoster, which he co-founded, with teaching the Master in Digital Business at ESADE, and with being an external member of the research team at the Research Centre VC2020 for IMD.
CMO & co-founder at MarsBased, and Regional Director at Startup Grind for Southern EU.
MarsBased is a full-remote development consultancy from Barcelona specialised in web and mobile applications developed with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS and Ionic. Àlex runs the sales/marketing area and is in charge of communications & growth of the company.
In barely 2 years, he's done:
- 5-digit contracts within weeks of having launched the company.
- 6-digit contracts eight months after the creation of the company.
- Grown the company (LLC) to 10 full-time employees & 5 freelancers.
- International clients from three different continents, hailing from USA, Germany, Spain, Abu Dhabi, France, UK, Singapore and Finland.
- Providers for development of the core product for some of their clients.
- Featured in press for some of their outstanding projects like the Barcelona Startup Map, among others.
In 2015, Àlex became responsible for the expansion of the Startup Grind brand in Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland)
His background in consulting & development (ex-Deloitte, ex-VASS) and his international profile helps him with the technical and the business perspective.