Startup Grind is the biggest community of entrepreneurs worldwide, in partnership with Google for Startups. Our mission is to help every entrepreneur in the world. We do so by hosting a monthly recurring event and inspiring, educating and connecting entrepreneurs. The Barcelona chapter was granted the "Best Chapter of the Year" award in 2016, with the average assistance of +130 attendees per event, having held over 60 events since April 2014 and helping local entrepreneurs to take their projects to the next level.
The event will go as follows:
1. First, we have an open mic session where any attendee is given 30 seconds to ask for help for his/her startup.
2. Then, we will learn from the best VCs in town in a panel, hosted by our Chapter Director Àlex Rodríguez Bacardit.
3. And last but not least, we host a networking session in which attendees talk to each other freely over some beers and delicious empanadas. There's no Startup Grind where you don't leave with new friends and exciting connections.
Follow #SGBCN; the official Startup Grind Barcelona hashtag. See you there and happy grinding!
* Note: all our events are conducted in English and do not offer refunds. If you need an invoice email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after buying the ticket
Magnus is a Partner at VC fund Cidron Ventures and the Founder of nFront, bringing capital, software development and strategy support to companies across various stages of development.
Previously, Magnus was part of the founding team at M&A boutique Portico Capital in London. He started his career as an M&A-focused investment banker in New York.
Magnus has a combined educational background in computer science and finance from UPenn and NTNU, specialized in machine learning and financial engineering.
Borja Breña is an investment manager at Nauta Capital’s Barcelona office focussed on Spanish and Portuguese opportunities.
Borja is recognised as a venture capital investor with international experience in finance, technology, and innovation. Prior to joining Nauta in 2018, he was a senior investment manager at Telefónica’s corporate venture capital fund. Previously, Borja worked at Kennet Partners, at Barclays Capital as an analyst in the credit trading desk, and as a business consultant at Deloitte UK and Deloitte Spain.
Borja holds an MBA from London Business School, graduated as a Telecommunications Engineer from Seville University (Spain) and is an Associate Chartered Accountant of the ICAEW (UK). He currently resides in Madrid.
Strong supporter of open innovation and believer in the potential of corporate/startup collaboration - if done right. Helping startups grow as Head of Porsche subsidiary MHP's venturing unit, dynamics.vc
- 20: More than 20 years of experience in the startup and VC space
- 50: Named one of the 50 most influential women in the startup and venture capital sector by EU-Startups in 2017
- 100: Invested in over 100 companies to date
Previously MD at Startupbootcamp in Berlin, where we guided companies such as Mercedes-Benz, Airbus, Cisco, here, Vinci, Kühne + Nagel, SBB, EnBW, and DB on their innovation journey.
After 10 years in consulting and the sale of his company to Solucom, François joined LD COM (the future Neuf Cegetel) in the early days and held various positions, including VP Sales, Network VP and FTTH VP. He became a member of the Executive Committee in 2004, a role he occupied for four years until end 2007. He decided to leave Neuf Cegetel when it was being sold to SFR for €8Billion and became an angel investor. François spent a few years investing in startups and participating as an independent board member before co-founding Breega Capital in 2013. François is currently a managing partner at Breega Capital.