Boston Life Sciences Showcase
- Networking- Providing networking opportunities for the life sciences communities in Boston and beyond.
- Science Showcase- Creating quarterly business showcase events for Boston life sciences entrepreneurs, executives and investors. A low-stress forum where life sciences companies can network receive feedback from accredited experts and investors during varied stages of their innovation life cycle. Showcasing life sciences companies led by founders of diverse backgrounds, especially women -and diverse founders -led companies.
- Funding- Building bridges between the Boston life sciences community and international venture capital and startup ecosystems.
- 4 life sciences companies will present their businesses and field questions from a board of investors as well as the audience for each event.
- Combination showcase/ networking event with presenting founders from various stages of the life cycle
- 15 minutes for presentation and Q&A for each company.
- Panel discussion with industry leaders and prominent investors
- 150 Expected Attendees for the Events
myBiometry- Asthma attacks are the primary driver of adverse outcomes and costs. If deteriorating asthma is detected early enough, attacks can be prevented by self-adjusting medications and avoiding triggers. Today, patients rely on written symptom diaries and lung function to detect changes in asthma. Symptoms and lung function begin to deteriorate 2-3 days before an attack, and medications take 1-2 weeks to have full therapeutic effect. Even if patients accurately track themselves, they can’t identify deteriorating asthma early enough that interventions prevent attacks. myBiometry's solution identifies patients at risk of an attack up to 20 days before symptoms and lung function. We combine a patented sensor, connected device, and app to measure a breath biomarker of airway inflammation that provides an early warning of deteriorating asthma up to 20 days before symptoms and lung function. This data empowers patients to identify deteriorating asthma early so simple interventions can prevent attacks.
Rocket VR Health- Rocket VR Health is a digital health platform that offers virtual reality therapeutic experiences and programs. We are transforming the mental health treatment landscape by offering immersive live support groups, interactive mindfulness meditations, and evidence-based therapy programs. Our vision is to provide the most engaging and effective way for people to improve their mental health and wellbeing by leveraging proven therapeutic interventions enhanced by the power of virtual reality.
PictionHealth, a startup that provides expert care by dermatologists within 2 days, including diagnosis and a personalized care plan. Piction Health's goal is to ensure every person has access to high quality, expert dermatology care from the comfort of home. Piction Health utilizes AI to provide a trusted, quick experience for both patients and providers.
OhmniLabs, with $15M raised and over $5M in revenue last year, OhmniLabs leverages AI technology to produce modular robotic platform for healthcare operations with UV disinfection, amongst others
Board of Investors
- The board at each event will consist of 4-6 investors, including
- 1 angel investor
- 1 VC investor
- 1 subject matter expert (e.g., a well-known researcher in the field)
- 1 PE investor
Bioverse is the life sciences division of VietChallenge.
– VietChallenge is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2015 in Boston, MA, with a mission with a mission to support emerging technologies and entrepreneurs of diverse backgrounds.
– We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit of diverse communities and foster business synergies through mentorship, networking, and access to funding.
– We have supported and empowered 900 early stage companies formed by founders of Asian heritage who have raised more than $60M in investment capital.
– In addition to our flagship startup pitch program for Vietnamese entrepreneurs, we have launched one of the world’s largest blockchain competitions for global blockchain entrepreneurs.
– At the final event to be held in NYC, the winner will be awarded $300k (www.blockchampion.network).
Boston New Technology
- BNT is a not-for-profit, community-organized technology, startup and business networking group with 50k+ members across 15 meetup groups in both Boston and Austin.
- BNT is a broad network for entrepreneurs, scientists, coders, designers, business-developers, marketers, investors, technology enthusiasts and other professionals to connect at live events.
- At BNT’s events, participants will find inspiration, share amazing opportunities, collaborate, launch and learn about new product ventures, form partnerships and grow businesses.
- In BNT’s 10-year history, we have partnered with over 200 sponsor companies to produce and host/co-host over 200+ free and not-for-profit events, including 117+ monthly startup showcases, with over 700 companies presenting.