About this event
Brought to you by Startup Grind Chengdu & Paris
Expanding to foreign markets is never an easy feat, and having a huge home market is not making it easier! Chinese companies have tried to ‘Go Global’ with more or less success. Benefiting from 2 decades of experience, Chinese tech companies are creating their own strategies to go abroad. Alibaba’s expansion in Europe is one of these success stories.
How did Alibaba manage their ‘Go Global’ Strategy? As one of the founding members of Alibaba office in France, Kevin Liu will share his experiences around the challenges and key learnings when it comes to international expansion, and how Alibaba worked similarly to a startup in an Agile way to fit into a new market. With 15 years of experience in European and Chinese companies, Kevin will also share his insight about the differences between the corporate culture in Europe and China and the best ways to adapt a company into a new environment.
Potential questions 可能聊到的问题
- Story of Alibaba France: a mirror of international expansion of Chinese companies?
- The difference between corporate culture in France and in China
- Big company, Startup insights
- Internationalisation in a “Chinese way”
- What is the internationalisation strategy of Alibaba (in terms of organisational structure and business structure)
- Key learnings and future prospects
Interview Language: English
Event Platform: Zoom
For those who register via Startup Grind website, we will send out a Zoom link on May 27th at NOON sharp!