Because we are unsure of face to face timing, we are rescheduling this and
will update this page when we know we can host this in the future.
(We've picked an arbitrary date to hold it on our platform calendar.)
Houston's startup scene is maturing, with lots of companies making more headlines for their success. To help this ecosystem grow and bring all the benefits it can to our community and our city, local startup companies and funds need more investment. As a high-net-worth individual, you've probably been approached about investing in local deals alongside your other investment allocations, Some have the extra money and want more return than can be achieved with traditional vehicles and approaches. However, if you know little about angel investing you're probably feeling overwhelmed or that it isn't for you. After all, the name of the game is to discover and invest for maximum returns.
Success for this event is:
- Identifying an excellent deal
- Knowing what holes to look out for
- Understanding an equitable investment relationship (They are the ones that thrive!)
- Hear from successful investors about what to both look for and avoid
- Understanding angel investment
- Get your questions answered
- Understanding the value of your (local) investment
- Less risky options for angel investment
- Understanding the upsides and downsides
- Hear from successful funded entrepreneurs
- Feel more confident when approached for angel investment
- Know what questions to ask
- Brush up on your terminology
- Having practical next steps
This event is comprised of three sections. These experts are excited to share with you red flags to look out for in deals, as well as indicators pointing you toward success.
Hear from experienced investors sharing their stories and giving practical advice that they have learned from the deals they have participated in
Funded entrepreneurs sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly of their past investor relationships
Helpful service professionals that protect entrepreneurs and mitigate risk for investors
Our city has a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem that actually needs your help right now. Don't miss out on attractive opportunities, and don't get sucked into a bad deal.
Here's Your Three-Step Plan
- Buy your ticket
- Tap a friend on the shoulder to come along
- Bring your burning questions
This is an INVESTOR only event!
(we've plenty for you this year entrepreneurs)