Born and raised in Miami, Will Weinraub first learned how to build websites at age thirteen and hasn't looked back since. After launching two successful businesses by the age of sixteen, Will went on to attend Florida State University to study Communications and shortly after returning to Miami he launched LiveNinja, a venture backed startup in the video chat space.
- Capital Raises: LiveNinja has raised $900K to date from mostly from angel investors in Miami such as Accelerated Growth Partners, Marco Giberti, DaDNeos, Sean Smith, Tigre Wenrich (from OpenEnglish), and more.
- Growth: LiveNinja currently has over 4,000 experts on it's marketplace that span topics such as fitness, medicine, education, fashion, music, language, and consulting, just to name a few. Since launch (December 2012) they've had over 10,000 live sessions performed on the platform. On the Katana side, they just finished developing that product and we have launched with 10 selected enterprise partners. In Q1 of 2015, they'll be launching with a number of Fortune 500 companies.
- Past speaking engagements: Startup City Miami, Robert Scoble's Show, eMerge America, Refresh Miami, FIU, Web Summit
- Notable Press: Forbes, TechCrunch, TheNextWeb, TechCocktail, MiamiHerald
In this Fireside Chat we'll cover topics from Will's perspective including -
- Raising Capital in Miami (and beyond)
- Competing with Mammoths Like Google
- Building Company Culture & Community
- Recruiting (how to attract great talent)
- Getting Through the Really Hard Times
- Balancing a Company and a Growing Family
- Keeping Employees Motivated