From New York to Shenzhen, from designing experiential marketing for brands like Google, Samsung, Adobe and LinkedIn to brand management at OPPO, one of China’s and the world’s leading phone and consumer electronics brands, Susana Chen has had an incredible journey in the art of building global brands through experiential marketing. Join us at Startup Grind as we talk to Susana Chen, Senior Global Brand Manager at OPPO, about her experience in brand leadership, diving deep into the millennial and Gen Z spirit and her views on being culturally intelligent in brand marketing and designing unforgettable brand events and experiences.
We will be talking to Susana about:
• Her personal and professional journey, from one of New York’s top global design schools to creating brand experiences at CES, the world’s biggest consumer electronics show, culminating in her moving to Shenzhen to lead global brand management at OPPO
• The brand and marketing projects that Susana has found the most challenging and the most memorable over the years
• What is experiential marketing and how can one design experiential marketing events? What lessons has Susana learnt when designing experiential marketing events and what have been the hits and the misses?
• Susana’s current role at OPPO and how she works with a multicultural, global team to bring the OPPO brand to life in different regions around the world
• Her advice on how to build a global creative strategy for a brand that has high ambitions to become a globally recognizable name
• Her personal creative projects and how she manages to stay inspired, creative and on track for her own personal goals while working in a challenging corporate environment