In partner with GIBRALTAR chapter we are hosting an incredible showcase and educational FREE virtual session "The Metaverse, Play to Earn & BlockBots" with Eddy Travia CEO of Coinsilium Group and Asia Pacific Director IOV Labs and Gaurang Torvekar Co-Founder and CEO Indorse.
If you have not already heard the terms Web3 or Metaverse, the latter has been around for quite some time and companies have developed “miniverse” or “metaverse” platforms that allow users to interact with one another and consume services in a virtual world designed to resemble the real world. Whether in virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) or simply on a screen, the promise of the Metaverse is to allow a greater overlap of our digital and physical lives in wealth, socialisation, productivity, shopping and entertainment. The opportunities to create, showcase and interact at huge, global scale are endless!
**Once you register for the virtual event you will have the option to attend the event in the Metaverse, at the Indorse virtual headquarters in CryptoVoxels. Details for the Metaverse location will be released before the event**
Our workshop style event will cover some of the main features and opportunities within this space.
Web3 & The Metaverse
Play to Earn
The key component in the play to earn model is to give gamers ownership over certain in-game assets and allow them to increase their value by playing the game actively. By taking part in the in-game economy, players create value for other players in the ecosystem and for the developers. In turn – they receive a reward in the form of potentially appreciating in-game assets. These assets can be absolutely anything ranging from appealing characters with variable scarcity to certain type of cryptocurrencies. In the crypto world, usually defining the ownership and even transferring it is possible through the use of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
In August of 2021 Indorse announced the launch of the exciting new NFT project called ‘BlockBots’ consisting of a deflationary collection of unique NFT avatars on the Ethereum blockchain! Each BlockBot is a 3D Voxel avatar with specific traits that can be used across Metaverses, games and more. Gaurang Torvekar will take you through the origins of BlockBots and much more during the presentation.
Don't miss this one of the first of it's kind virtual event to participate and learn about an exciting new land of opportunity!
Instructions to join this meeting
- Make sure you are logged into the startupgrind.com account and with the email that you registered your ticket under.
- Once the event is ready to begin there will be a button on the event webpage stated "Join virtual event"- please click this button to join
- Bevy virtual is chrome based browser please make sure you only have one tab open, try refreshing your page, and if chrome does not work switch to Mozilla
- If you are having trouble viewing the session or participating in chat, refresh your browser window and re-enter the session.
- Try to keep minimal tabs running, and minimal application windows running on your device while you are participating in a Bevy Virtual session.
- Still running into issues? Please try this troubleshooting resource: