Using Analytics to Grow Your Business
Learn how Jeff Booth used analytics to grow BuildDirect to the thriving technology company it is today.
- Booth was a builder before founding the Vancouver-based company stared into the tangled mess that was the building materials supply chain and knew it had to change. But Booth’s answer, BuildDirect, which he co-founded with financial consultant Rob Banks, was no overnight success. Today, after a surviving the dot-com crisis, the US housing crisis, and years of financial uncertainty following the collapse of the worldwide financial markets in 2008, BuildDirect is on the verge of becoming a household name, and is a leading light in a thriving Vancouver technology scene. Although they have a data architecture model, a customer service engine, it is truly a technology company, and a pretty disruptive business. With $20.6 million raised in less than half a year, BuildDirect was one of 2012's most-funded Canadian technology companies.
Join us on Jan. 23rd to learn how Jeff and Rob to learn about their journey from solving a problem, to more than triple digit growth in record time. As well as:
- Creating a disruptive business in a stagnant industry
- Surviving business crisis and near failure
- Using Big Data and Nate Silver's book recently named Amazon's #1 Best Book of the Year for 2012 “The Signal and the Noise: Why Most Predictions Fail – But Some Don’t.”
- How they are reaching their goal of becoming a billion dollar business in the next year.
Once again we are happy to feature Zone Vancouver
as our venue sponsor for November's event. Zone Vancouver is a stylish new venue for meetings, workshops and private events in Gastown. Modern, versatile event space where ideas can flourish, creativity can emerge and connections can be made.
will also be returning as our official alcohol and drinks sponsor for the event. Privatis provides privacy tools that protect users of online classified ad sites and marketplaces from harassment by telemarketers and fraudsters while facilitating seamless communications by phone, SMS and email.